Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



10/22/11

BLUE OCTOBER @ THE ROYAL OAK MUSIC THEATER


I feel I missed the tour bus. Who knew about Blue October? Apparently, everyone but me. I had only heard of Blue Ocotober, when I was asked to cover the show. When I walk into the Royal Oak Music Theater(ROMT), it was packed. The crowd was a buzz with anticipation for the performance. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Blue October has beed around for awhile. They have released over 10 albums, that have sold well. I can understand why, Justin Furstenfeld writes from personal experience, that all people can idenify with. A friend I meet there is going through the same experiences from the "Any Man in America." As I heard other people having the same experiences too.


The show was amazing. The musicianship of the band was impressive. The band can play a wide array of instruments, mandolins, violins/fiddles, keyboards, guitar, drums, and some others. But it just isn't skill of playing, but the showmanship was great. The whole band was moving, swaying, dancing around. It was a aural and visual treat. I'm very glad I got cover this show. It was a lot of fun.


Enjoy the photos and get a taste of show. I have to credit and thank Tink for the photos.