Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/17/11

LATE SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT: I FIGHT DRAGONS at Vernors (Crofoot) Thursday, Aug. 18

If you have any interest in gaming, geek culture, indie pop and all around good times and find your schedule open tomorrow head on over to the Vernor's Room in the Crofoot for I Fight Dragons, a Chicago band that mixes Nintendo sweetness with their pop rock sensibilities.

I could tell you more about IFD, but I think their guitarist sums it up nicely:

"We're basically trying to be a cyborg band,” jokes guitarist Packy Lundholm. Whether or not they're terminators sent back in time on a mission of rock 'n' roll doesn't matter, because no soundcard is safe from I Fight Dragons. In early 2008, Brian partnered up with keyboardist Bill Prokopow in order to transform a solo demo of "Heads Up, Hearts Down" into something more. "Bill and I stumbled upon chiptune,” says Brian. "I told him that I wanted the beginning of the song to sound like Nintendo music. We used synthesizers at first, but we learned about chiptune soon after. We realized there were ways to access those soundcards and control them in the studio. From there, it was a no-brainer to connect the dots and do rock music in the songs we were making."