Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/16/10

More Detroit on TV: Hardcore Pawn premieres tonight on TruTV

MONDAY 16 August, 10pm EST



 Oh I believe it. One never knows with shows like this, though. It could be a local version of History Channel's excellent "Pawn Stars" -- yes, I'm sure it's a coincidence that both channels are currently doing "reality" shows which take place in pawn shops -- or it could be an even worse "American Chopper," with people just screaming and threatening each other. TruTV isn't exactly known for having a light touch -- see their endless "World's Dumbest" lineup -- so my $5 (0% interest first-timer loan) is on the latter.

We'll all find out tonight, but either way, it's trippy to me that there's going to be a TV show about a place I drive by just about every day...